Teacher Training (50hr)
Alison Melvin & Leah Kline
23 October – 31 October 2019
Join us for a Yin/Yang residential teacher training week in October 2019 in the beautiful setting of
Mandala de Masca in Tenerife.
The training is designed for yoga teachers who already have a 200-hour qualification and want to learn how to teach a general level Yin/Yang class.
What to expect
The teaching environment will support our learning, surrounded by the magnificent Masca mountains and nourished by organic vegetarian food.
We will learn how to direct the flow of yin and yang energy in our own yoga practice and how to skillfully guide others.
This training combines the foundation poses of an active practice with the long-held poses of a yin practice.
Both active and slow yoga practices are essential to enhance and maintain the overall health and vitality of the different aspects of our being – physical, mental, emotional and energetic.
During the training we will focus on the following topics:
- What is yin vs yang yoga
- General principles and benefits of yin yoga
- Alignment principles and modifications for Hatha yoga (Yang)
- Guidelines for how to sequence a slow yoga/yin class
- How to sequence a yin/flow class eg activating, calming, strengthening, balancing
- Methods of pranayama for slow flow/yin (and when to use them)
- Mindfulness and breath awareness
- Energetic directions for movement practice – muscular, organic and spiraling
- Meridian theory and lines of energy
- Adjustments and cueing techniques for all levels
- Practice of syllabus of foundational Hatha poses – standing, seated, lying, forward bends, backbends, inversions and warm ups
- Practice of syllabus of Yin poses seated and lying to open and deeply stretch the spine, hips and legs
- Finding your voice as a yoga teacher
- Inspiration for teaching and preparing lesson plans
- Working in small groups to practice teaching each other
- Practical exam and feedback of teaching skills
Students are expected to have already completed a 200-hour teaching qualification (any style) and to be familiar with the standard syllabus of poses for both yin and yang.
If you are not fully familiar with either style of yoga, we request that you attend at least 20 lessons of the missing style prior to the training.
Based on a shared double room € 1.399,- p.p.
*All proceeds of this retreat directly supports the work of the non-profit Foundation Yogini rosa
Do you want to join?
How to book this Training
By a click on the BOOK button you can fill in your reservation form. The team of Mandala de Masca will contact you.